I often get the question "What Pistol Should I Buy?" from my friends.
When selecting a new firearm there are many different things to consider from…
- What is it for?
- What caliber it will use?
- What features are required and…
- What features can it not have?
Pistols come in many different sizes and each has its own advantages and disadvantages. Small guns are easier to conceal but are harder to shoot. Big guns hold more ammo but are difficult to carry.
- Understanding the differences in Gun Sizes
- One reason I don’t carry a government model 1911
Gun size isn’t the whole story in shootability…
- What makes a gun easy to shoot?
- What makes a good trigger pull?
- Grip angle really does matter!
Most people understand that caliber is an importance factor in selecting a firearm, but they tend to fixate on bigger is better. At WTBGU! we tend to come down in favor of the 9mm for its high capacity, low cost and effectiveness.
- 9mm vs 45
- 9mm vs 40
Lastly we are in the golden age for pistols and there are many options that could be your ideal pistol; so everyone should figure out which one is best for them. However, we all have our favorites and it is natural to want to know what others think! These posts could help…
- My recommendations for a Concealed Carry Gun
- Which polymer 9mm is best?
- A Mid-sized Smith & Wesson M&P9
If you found this resource page useful, share it on your favorite forum, on Twitter or Facebook!